@IamNOTaCEO / IamNOTaCEO.com
One Entrepreneur’s EPIPHANIES & LESSONS Learned…
1. Like most entrepreneurs, I put “CEO” on my first business card. Also like most entrepreneurs, I once believed in The Tooth Fairy. In both cases, it took me years to realize my mistake… […]
My "business" was "CRUSHING IT" (at least on the product/content/brand side - literally A MILLION FANS!) - so it was embarrassing that we were NOT crushing it as a "business" - we were losing money every month!
2. “I’m Fired?!?” — After ~5 years of wearing all the hats as a solo founder, I made the (scary) decision to “fire myself” as CEO of my own startup. [#BestDecisionEVER] Six months later, we had raised $1 Million in funding; a year later, we were a profitable 7-figure company… […]
3. Strengths, Weaknesses, and #SelfAwareness — I’ve recognized that I’m great at A FEW things… I’ve recognized that I SUCK AT MANY THINGS… and I’ve realized just how extreme the differences are (progress levels, success levels, stress levels, etc.) between the years I’ve had a team (co-founders, employees, interns) with skills complementary to mine vs. the years I haven’t! […]
3B. Wait… Time-Out… Who ARE You Anyway?!?
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE: ~15 Years of Creating “Viral Whatever!”
My (relatively unique) experience/expertise includes:
A) Creating and analyzing potentially-viral concepts and content that will resonate with large/diverse audiences, intuitively recognizing/evaluating MANY factors (the art, science, math, psychology, mechanics, etc.) that impact virality, and differentiating an “idea” from an “IDEA+++” (idea + Vision + Viability + Viral potential + … [more at ViralWhatever.com])
B) Identifying #StatusQuoBias problems (and corresponding opportunities for improvement) — in startups, in products, in content, in marketing, pretty much everywhere. I estimate I’ve asked “But, why…” roughly 10,000 times. It makes me a better entrepreneur — but probably also partly explains why I’m single. [Sorry, TMI?]
4. From a small JOKE to a Million-Dollar Startup — The Rejection Hotline / Humor Hotlines / RH Brands… #MyStartupStory
5. The Stomach-Punch Feeling of Losing 4.75 Million Dollars…
Some PERSONAL Epiphanies:
6) My INTP Epiphany
7) My A.D.D. Epiphany
8) My Battle with BURNOUT!
9a) My Entrepreneurial A.D.D. — Curse or Gift?
9b) 80% Done… (I’ll typically get 80% done — with almost anything I’m working on — and then my brain literally stops me from finishing after the challenging part — and the dopamine-rush(!) — of solving a complex problem, conceiving a creative new concept with unique premises and innovative strategies, and working through multiple versions or drafts until the pieces all fall into place, the puzzle is solved, and… that dopamine-rush!!! Wait, what was I talking about?? Oh yeah, “80% Done”…
80% Done? → 80% D → 80-D → I am 80-D → I am AD-D → IamADD.com
Dubbed “The Forgetful Founder” (by someone whose name he now can’t remember), he has now written 279 articles (on startups & viral marketing) that he has yet to publish, he owns 327 domain names for potentially-viral concepts he has yet to launch, his office is cluttered with boxes of inventory for 100+ products he has yet to release, and…
He possesses the most extreme traits (good & bad) of being extraordinarily INTP & ADD, resulting in a nasty habit of getting ~80% DONE* with [whatever], then getting bored or distracted (after the dopamine-rush of the initial challenge fades), often just stopping in the mi
Back to my core premises/philosophies for the “Master Plan” (that I will probably still be talking about launching from my nursing home when I’m 90)
info@StartupWhatever.com / Jeff@StartupWhatever.com
MORE [whatever] COMING SOON! ~ info@CoFounderator.com to maybe work w/ us?