PROJECTS!! (TEMP?) - Projects? Work With Us!
Admittedly we have A LOT that we want to do! Will we get to everything? Doubtful. But we will prioritize based on the abilities (and interest!) of our team members... The following is just a sample of some potential projects...
We are looking for....
... CEOs, CTOs, COOs, and Co-Founders!
- ... interns, digital marketers, designers, webmasters, project managers
... people with experience/expertise (or an interest in developing experience/expertise) in a variety of specific areas, including but not limited to: Shopify, MailChimp, Fiverr, Design Pickle, SEO, Social Media Management, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Facebook Advertising, Content Creation, Content Management, Photoshop (other design-editing), Audacity (other audio-editing)...
... people who can just "figure sh*t out" (whether you have specific experience already or not!)
- ... self-motivated people who are super-interested/excited/passionate about some of the stuff we're doing - because, admittedly, Jeff will get busy/distracted and forget to follow-up or respond to a call or email (so we need people who won't be like "Well, I never heard back from him... oh well.") ... [Note from Jeff: I sincerely apologize for any/all past, present, future instances where my lack of organization and/or follow-up is occasionally frustrating - #SelfAwareness - but it is my hope that most of you will find that the positives (of working with me) will outweigh the negatives.]
Partial Project List (Incomplete / In Progress)...
Starter Projects: (Particularly for our StartupsForStudents.com program - for experience, learning, evaluation of abilities, A-B testing, etc.)
Pick Individual Pieces of Content (from 100s of AudioWhatever.com MP3's and Humor Hotlines, 100s of TshirtWhatever.com Shirt Designs, 100s of YouGotCarded.com Concepts/Designs, 100s of 1-page micro-sites, etc.) and do one, some, or all of the following:
- Create or improve the presentation (the images, the landing page, etc.)
- Optimize for User-Experience and/or Search Engine Optimization
- Create social media images, captions, posts, etc.
- Created cross-promotional opportunities with related products and/or create a Digital Marketing plan if applicable
- Think through monetization strategy (ad-supported? pricing strategy? etc.)
- NOTE: Ideally all of the above could be scaled and done for MANY products / pieces of content.
Example of a "ReThinking Products... as Content... as Social Marketing" collection: CardWhatever.com - ReThinking "Business Cards" as...
NOTE: Some of the links below may still be under construction - each will soon be run by a different team from one of our ReThinkingWhatever.com programs
MINI Greeting Cards (HolidayWhatever.com) | Motivation (MotivationWhatever.com) | Reminders & Notifications (FYImessage.com) | Functional / Useful | Memes in Real Life? (MemesOnCards.com) | Confusing (ConfusingCards.com) | Rejection (RejectionCard.com) | Rated-R (YouGotCarded.com) | Kindness & Charity (CauseCards.org) | Miscellaneous | ALL
- Image Creation and/or Project Management and/or Social Media Management
- We have hundreds of web pages, products, and pieces of content that double as great SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT! Templates need to be created for images, captions, tweets, etc. to make it easier/faster to create a huge bank of posts that can be scheduled well in advance. (Likely via HootSuite - another very valuable tool to learn!) Note: Are you a designer? Great! If not, it's potentially just as effective for you to hire/manage designers via Fiverr or manage a month of design projects via Design Pickle (unlimited design projects!)
MarketingWhatever.com -- Contests & Competitions -- We have hundreds of products, content pages, etc. that are perfect starter projects to learn and practice Digital Marketing. (A-B testing? Tshirt site 1 vs. Tshirt site 2? Google Adsense vs. Facebook Advertising? Etc.). We'd love someone to run this program - for students over Winter Break or Summer Break? For professionals at night or on weekends? Or in conjunction with existing Digital Marketing classes (at General Assembly or elsewhere)?
Create/post Job Listings for our RandomJobsOfKindness.com initiative (on campus job boards, craigslist, and any number of other publicly-accessible job listing sites
Manage/run our sites based on Calendly and Google Calendar (TimelyMessage.com &15MinutesOfWhatever.com)
- Shipping & Logistcs -- Create/implement/manage our product shipping operations (for a wide variety of products - from envelope-sized shipments like YouGotCarded.com to larger products like TheZikaZapper.com and much more in between! (Embarrassingly, we have literally marked some products as "out of stock" because we didn't have the personnel to fulfill orders!) NOT a brainless job - must think strategically re: costs, cross-promotion/cross-selling (promo codes, discount cards for OTHER stuff in each mailing), etc.
Manage our social media accounts via HootSuite
Evaluate (and improve!) our SEO -- for many/all our sites!
Manage the launch of new premium Humor Hotlines (with audio and and text-backs) and/or the RE-launch of some of our older Humor Hotlines
- Finding Freelancers
- Example: There are a ton of "digital marketers" on Fiverr. No way to know who the good ones are. I want to figure out the best way to "hire" MANY of these Fiverr digital marketers for their $5 or $10 and basically give them each a unique (landing page, promo code, product, t-shirt design, Humor Hotline phone number) so we objectively compare and then continue working with the best performers
- Organizing/Running multiple "mini-programs" (examples at www.MarketingWhatever.com)
Manage a new initiative for selling personalized and/or customized Humor Hotline phone numbers (humor, non-humor, calls/voice, sms/text-backs, etc.)
Manage ANY of our past/present/future ventures!!!
- P.S. AudioWhatever.com - we have 300+ audio clips, many of which were extremely viral (collectively listened to more than 450+ Million times!) as part of our previous company (RH Brands / The Rejection Hotline / HumorHotlines.com). Still a lot of potential with this audio and a lot of work to be done to re-organize it all, distribute it all, and take full advantage of it all - for revenue-generation OR cross-promotional marketing value for some of our other stuff!
NOTE: All of the above are broad overviews of projects - each will likely contain many more details and specific tasks. Below is an example of how just one such broad overview (AudioWhatever.com) might break down into some more detailed projects:
AudioWhatever.com (Example of more detailed projects)
We have 300+ pieces of original audio content, many of which were extremely viral (collectively listened to more than 450+ Million times!) as part of our previous company (RH Brands / The Rejection Hotline / HumorHotlines.com). While that 7-figure company was shut down in 2013, there is still a lot of potential for this audio and a lot of work to be done to re-organize it all, distribute it all, and take full advantage of it all - for revenue-generation OR cross-promotional marketing value for some of our other stuff!
- Organize all AudioWhatever.com audio clips into:
- 10+ FREE mp3 downloads
- 10+ PREMIUM mp3 downloads
- 10+ FREE Humor Hotlines phone numbers
- 10+ PREMIUM Humor Hotlines phones numbers (audio for voice calls AND SMS text-back SMS auto-reply messages!)
- 10+ AudioWTF.com micro-sites
- All/Most audio also available via SoundCloud
- All/Most audio also available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Pandora, etc.
(Via creation/management of a TuneCore account/subscription)
- Most of the above will involve organizational skills and some of the above could involve specific *tasks including but not limited to:
- Optimization of audio file names, web page names, text descriptions, SEO keywords
- Image creation for social media
- Audio editing for speed, length, cutting out boring parts (or phone-specific language for non-phone MP3s), adding an AudioWhatever.com audio-brand/tagline or website-mention to the end of audio so that listeners know who we are and how to find more of our stuff (particularly for MP3s likely to go viral after a download)
- Manage a freelance developer via a site like UpWork to add a new feature or two (for decreasing our costs and increasing virality) of some of our new Humor Hotlines (with voice and sms functionality)
*NOTE: All of the above does not need to make sense to you yet! We will explain everything!
*ALSO, while experience with audio-editing (Audacity?) and/or image-editing (Photoshop?) would be great, it is definitely NOT a requirement!
Full-Time (or Part-Time) Job Position: A "Dynamic/Dependable/Diligent Doer"... a "Multi-Tasking Magician"... an "Organizer/Operator/Optimizer"... a "Follow-up/Follow-through Fanatic"... a "Get-Shit-Done Guru"... Ideally looking for one person who is all of these things... because the person you'll be
working with is NONE of those things - and he might be the most ADD Entrepreneur in Atlanta! working for
Part-Time (or Project-Based) - A Facebook Advertising expert... specifically someone with experience using Facebook/Instagram "Custom Audiences" feature as we intend to market (re-market) all "Whatever Network" ventures initially to the million+ people we already know have been fans of our other stuff in the past. MANY Additional Opportunities (Part-Time or Full-Time or Project-Based) to work on MANY different startup projects... from interns to project manager, designers, and digital marketer to CEOs, CTOs, COOs, and Co-Founders!.
Micro-Experts! (Part-Time)... If your past/present/primary job has made you AN EXPERT on any of the following, PLEASE TALK TO US!
Shopify, WordPress, MailChimp, Twilio / Plivo, SoundCould, TuneCore, Fiverr, Design Pickle, SEO, Social Media Management, HootSuite, Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Facebook Advertising, Content Creation, Content Management, Photoshop (other design-editing), Audacity (other audio-editing), Shipping/Mailing logistics, ANY individual social media platform(s) - Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest ~ Snapchat ~ Reddit ~ Quora ~ YouTube ~ Vine ~ Tumblr ~ Imgur ~ Google+ ~ LinkedIn ~ MeetUp ~ WordPress ~ Medium ~ ???
Potential Projects for more Tech/Developer/Engineering people... (Many will be automated solutions to functionality that will be done manually in pre-MVP versions of a product/service/site)
- Several projects related to Calendly Integrations and/or API access (Discuss with us for details)
- Several projects involving Shopify Apps and/or API's
- Several use cases for the creation of (auto-generated?) "official" Certificates of Authenticity / Proof of [Submission/Purchase/Reservation/Etc.] - Discuss with us for details
- Creation of (or integration with existing options for) message boards / discussion forums... Sample/Example: DoesItAlreadyExist.com - We post [a concept, product, service, whatever] and allow others to weigh in on if it already exists, what other options are, their pros/cons, etc. [Coincidentally/Ironically, the first post will be: Does something already exist similar to this DoesItAlreadyExist.com site :)
- Several MarketingWhatever.com programs will involve creating (and keeping track of) many different promo codes (initially this will be done manually) - eventually may need to be automated
- Managing/Improving www.PredictionLog.com - a Ruby-On-Rails site that is currently fully/partially-functional
P.S. This page is unfinished - [Note To Self: Jeff, finish it!] - but we have MANY products ready to promote with a part-time logistics person, MANY programs ready to run with a part-time program coordinator, MANY MVPs ready to test/launch/promote with a part-time Project Manager, etc. etc.
If you're intrigued and/or potentially interested in any of the above, please CONTACT US!