With the (imaginary) authority bestowed upon us with the impulse-buy of WalkoffSeason.com (albeit for less than the cost of 2 Fenway Franks), we hereby (un)officially declare: 2016 Shall Henceforth Be Known as Big Papi's "WALKOFF SEASON!"
AN OPEN LETTER TO: David Ortiz, his "people", the David Ortiz Children's Fund, Major League Baseball, Barstool Sports, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, Bill Simmons, NESN, WEEI, The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald, and anyone else who has the ability, resources, connections, whatever, to make "Walkoff Season" a thing...
- David Ortiz has more "Walk-Off Hits" (20) and more "Walk-Off Home Runs" (11) than any other active player! [NOTE: All-time leaders within Ortiz' reach: Dusty Baker: 21 walk-off hits / Jim Thome: 13 walk-off home runs.]
- A Walk-Off is the Greatest Way to End a Game!
- The Season that David Ortiz is Having is the Greatest Way to End a Career!
- So, WHY are we just calling it his "Last Season", his "Final Season", his "Farewell Season", etc.?!?
- We don't have much time left, but how about we start referring to this as his WALKOFF SEASON instead??
P.S. We bought WalkoffSeason.com the day after this...
... and now time is running out to do anything with it!
P.P.S. We will donate 100% OF PROFITS to the David Ortiz Children's Fund - we just want to get this in the hands of people who can do more with it than we have!